Hi!

I also support the idea of critique. And here is my share for the latest PUG:

1. The picture that I particularly liked: " No Title "
by Arthur Hsu. First of all, for me at least, the all white background makes it stand out of the crowd. The play of colors and light on the vase is fascinating, although on my monitor it is a little too bright together with the backgound. Finally, the piece of leave on the top adds to the overall sense of fragility that this photograph makes me feel.

2. The picture that does not really work for me: " Gums "
by John Coyle. First, looking around the frame I noticed that trees on the right are not exactly sharp. There is indeed some symmtery between the trees, but it does not work for me. Light, trees, shadows, all the elements do not combine, do not click together. Personally I think I would have kept driving if I were driving by.

Naturally, I mean neither offence nor defence. I just chose two photos and wrote what I thought about them.

Thanks.

Boris