I worked as a drag racing crew chief in the seventies on a super fuel
funny car. I occasionally added 2% hydrazine to our nitromethane/alcohol
fuel mixture (90% nitromethane, 8% alcohol, 2% hydrazine). Our Chrysler
hemi powered Corvette set a few mph records with that mix. The best was
237 mph in 6.35 seconds. Not very fast by today's drag racing standards,
but really stepping out in the mid 70s..I kept the hydrazine in a
tightly sealed bottle and poured it right into the tank just before we
went to the starting line. To keep from breathing in the fumes I held my
breath. Hey, it was the seventies. We didn't worry about stuff like that.
Paul