Amusing anecdote! And true...

While up north visiting W.B. we drove around and thru the Peak District,
and would love to have had the time to do it in a more leisurely fashion.
It's absolutely beautiful there! And it's BIG!
I only had a lovely Retina IIIc with me at that time, and it got broken
just before visiting there.
At that time, I was less experienced and didn't take a kit with two or
more cameras. I do now!
Oh, and I bought a few more IIIcs, so they become the backup...
That was in my pre-Pentax days...

So many experiences... so little time. (If I had another 60 years to go,
there STILL wouldn't be enough time...)

keith whaley

Bob Walkden wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Friday, October 17, 2003, 7:12:45 PM, you wrote:
>
> [...]
> > A couple of the numerous times we've visited that (northern) part of
> > England, we visited Whaley Bridge, had the standard touristy shots by
> > the road sign, and so on.
> > We did notice that place is growing! Between visits, perhaps 18 years
> > apart, I hardly recognized the place.
> > Anyhow, back on track...
> > When we visit, home base is sort of in London, as we fly in and out of
> > Heathrow - but we do love to visit London and go over whenever we get
> > the chance, so the reference to "up by Nottingham" is partly because we
> > think from London as a point of reference.

 [...]