On 18 Oct 2003 at 9:15, Bob Walkden wrote:

> I haven't kept a close eye on London shop prices recently, but what I
> have seen seems much the same as it always was. If there has been a
> Leica M price fall could it be because of the MP, rather than digital?
> When one of the London dealers first told me about the MP he said
> Leica were bringing it out because the good prices and brisk trade in M3s
> indicated a healthy market for an all-mechanical M. Perhaps a drop in
> the used market shows that they were right.

Hi Bob,

You guys seem to generally get screwed in the UK on camera pricing however for
reasons unknown Robert White had some of the best deals in the world for Mamiya
7 kit so that's where I bought a deal of mine. Leicas out of Germany are going
for a song these days and the last one that I sold (excellent condition late
black M6) in US$ only raised US$950 (with free International shipping).

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998