On Monday, October 20, 2003, at 06:17 PM, Kevin Waterson wrote:

My lighting was set up with two heads with 2 stops difference placed like

                         subject
                          ----
                          |__|

Light Light

popup flash

It was a confined space, so we had little room to work with on this occasion
Perhaps if I was to move the lights further apart and not used the pop up on
the camera to trigger them.

If you want to emphasize the smoke, you need to light the smoke, which means less light on the rest of the set. Do you have any way to snoot the light? If you do, move the main light up and more to the left. If you don't have a snoot, try constructing one out of cardboard, then feather the fill light out to where the edge of the light shines on the model. Try a few set-ups and watch the differences in your shots. I think you have a good idea going here, now you just need to fine tune your lighting.

I shot this with an MZ-S, I will not be using that body for the next shots in
favour of a K1000. Also I will not be using the Ilford 125 black and white film
in favour of a Kodak TMax.

Why stop using the MZ-S? I'd probably 86 the pop-up and go with a synch cord, but the body isn't going to make that much difference.

Oh, and these pix are very sexist.
Thanks for this feedback also. Could you please expand on this. I take all
(constructive) criticisms on board for evaluation. I then look at what my
goals are and how these fit in.

Um, in comedy, this is called a "call back." I guess you missed the original thread, so don't worry about it. I was making a joke.

Kind regards Kevin

Doug