Thanks everyone that replied to this post so quickly!  They were very
positive answers since I had heard that the earlier Canons also suffered
from shutter lag.  Now all that I have for an excuse is lack of full frame
sensor and most importantly MONEY!  It would really be better for my wallet
if this camera had more malfunctions.  OH the pain of it all!

David C Miers