Welcome Tyrone.
You'v found the right place<g>
Try this link in regard to your starkistD questions.
Its the mail archive's,scroll back a bit and you can find some threads on the D and
lenses
and
experiments by several others.

http://www.mail-archive.com/pentax-discuss%40pdml.net/

I have the Nikon D1 so a starkist D is not high on my list, this year anyway.  <g>I too
have many Pentax
35 mm cameras and the 6x7,which i think is great.
Possible some enablement in the 35mm format very soon,as is Frank.

Looking forward to seeing your work on the PUG soon.

Dave in Canada