From: "Rob Brigham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2003 8:07 AM
Subject: RE: Just joined the list

> From the background you describe, I think you would hate the 300D, its
c****y build quality and lack of manual control.  The 10D and *istD seems to
be so close as far as performance goes for that not to be your decider.

> With the 10D you get better built magnesium body, Image stabilisation (if
you buy the IS lenses) and USM (AF motors in the lens rather than body,
which is quieter and possibly faster too - although the latter is arguable).
You also get a much bigger, heavier body, possibly unsolvable AF problems
depending on your luck and expensive proprietary batteries.

> With the *istD you get a much smaller, lighter body, better viewfinder (so
I am told), K mount (semi)compatibility and use of standard AA
rechargeables.  You also get a plastic body (albeit still very solid and at
least metal chassis unlike the 300D), and no future commitment to IS or USM.

> There is a guy on dpreview who has both, and would get the *istD over the
10D (only by a whisker though) if he had the choice again.  It is, however,
a personal choice.