> The Epson C80 and other printers makes nice prints from 4 or 6 color inks,
> due to the small nozzle sizes.  The problem is the cleaning cycles.  We
have
> central air heat, which drys things out, and at the moment the printer
cannot
> spray a single drip of ink.  My own fault; I should have printed a test
block
> of colors once per week just to keep the ink flowing.  The same thing
> happened with the color on the HP printer, but at least you can get a new
> print head when you get more ink.  Too bad HP's older inks turn colors.

I've had fairly good luck cleaning my Epson heads with a high grade of
isopropyl alcohol.  I simply pull out the print cartridges and take a cue
tip loaded with alcohol and place a drop in the opening of each print head.
I then take a clean dry one and soak up the excess.  Replace the cartridges
and run a couple of cleaning cycles.  So far so good with this procedure.

Whether or not there are any negative consequences to this I don't know yet.
But what else to do?

David