Congratulations, John.

A couple of observations:

>The price you paid was good -- lower than NY mail
order. If a local
>store can do this, then the NY prices must be too
high.

>Some time back Pål told us that demand would exceed
supply for a year.
>This does not appear to be so. They are available in
neighborhood
>stores. Of course, we will have to see what
availability is two weeks
>before Christmas.
>
>Joe

I had been watching the prices, and when I found the
local store had a price beating the discount houses I
grabbed it.  I was afraid they would raise it when the
delivereable units came in.  What I found interesting
was that, at least at the mall store, nobody else had
evidenced any interest in the camera, even though it
was displayed well. Not the most prominent spot in the
store, but at least I thought it was in a reasonable
location.  Oh well, it caught my eye, and that's what
mattered.  I did look for it I must admit.

jm