Hi Frits,

On 06 Nov 2003 12:44:48 +0100, Frits Wthrich wrote:

>I just had one *ist D in my hands, a shop in Amersfoort, the Netherlands
>had one available. He claimed it is not sold without the 18-35mm lens,
>and only costs eur 2399.00
>He couldn't compete with USA or German pricing, in Germany the camera is
>longer availablke already he stated, and hence prices have dropped more.
>He liked the camera a lot better then his own Canon10D. He mentioned
>specifically the advantage of using existing lenses.

In case you had not noticed yet, "Foto Konijnenberg" offers
the *ist-D for 'just' 1950 Euro's including the 18-35mm.
I have had good service from them in the past.

Seems they can't get the body-only either at the moment.

The URL is:

        http://www.koopdigitaal.nl/

Then just click on the "pentax:" tab ...

Regards, JvW

(still resisting and waiting for the 16-45mm :-)
Jan van Wijk;   http://www.dfsee.com/gallery