My main advice would be to think very hard before selling the LX and the lens.
You might really regret it afterwards, because none of the cameras mentioned,
comes close to the quality feel that makes the LX so outstanding. Even the MZ-S
is no match, although it is far better than the PZ1 - but then, if you inspect
the plastic film door of the MZ-S you will think of obtaining another LX,  just
to touch it occasionally...
I don't own a PZ1p but I have played with it and have seriously considered
buying one. When comparing the both, the 'p' at least has some leatherette over
the grip, whereas its predecessor is bare plastic. Some would say all this is
unimportant, but I personally don't like using cameras that don't feel nice.

As for the 'user interface' I am still puzzled why Pentax have returned to the
two wheels of the PZ1 with the new *ist D, after realising (with the MZ-S) that
two is one too much. My only explanation is that Pentax might plan to
(completely) move their lens line-up to 'non-aperture-ring' lenses, which
indeed would mean a slight disadvantage to the MZ-S. But then, I would not buy
lenses without aperture ring anyway, as these are useless with the LX...
Maybe this is because I have spent some time with older medium format cameras,
but I always think of speed and aperture as PAIRS that cause 'correct'
exposure. When using the camera in P mode, the effect of changing the aperture
with the aperture wheel and of changing the speed with the speed wheel is the
same - it just doesn't matter, as you only select another speed/aperture
COMBINATION - which the single wheel of the MZ-S is perfect for.

Maybe you should consider buying a Z50p or another one of the cheaper Z-series
cameras first, to find out how you get along with AF anyway. Those cameras can
be found for relatively small money, they have full finder information (that
you are used to from the LX) the AF is fairly fast and will give you an idea of
what you can expect and what not.

Sven

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jostein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > It has one wheel for your right hand thumb to adjust shutter speed, and
one > wheel for your index to adjust the aperture. > Cheers, > Jostein This
makes logical sense to me, whereas the *ist-D's layout does not: index finger
controls shutter speed, thumb controls aperture. why did Pentax change it?
Christian