[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Girlfren', you're going to buy an LX eventually. We all do. Might as
> well just save all the intermediate heartache and get it now.

Hehehehehe. Well, maybe. :-)

Tom wrote:

>Spot on, ERNR!  Marnie: you want the LX, of course, but if you do go
for a Spotmatic, the F is the model to get.  It's the top of the line
Spottie, and a really sweet camera.  Stick with SMC Takumar lenses,
and you can use open aperture metering.  Use modern PX625A 1.5 volt
cells instead of the original mercury ones: the metering circuitry is
balanced, so the voltage difference won't matter.

>-tih

Thanks for the battery tip.

Actually I think I am sticking with the Elan for my main camera. While I like
the Pentax interface better, I am pretty happy with an USM IS zoom that I
have. And I like the Elan's fast auto focus. And, as for buying more expensive
glass and investing more and more into glass, I pretty much have to stay with
the same brand. So down the road, it's quite possible I'll be going with a Canon
DSLR. But maybe not, we shall see.

However, screwmount lenses are sort of semi-compatible. I could switch lenses
between cameras, be "backward compatible" on the Canon ;-). And I've wanted
another all manual camera. So I think this is going to be my best solution.

Also getting just Takumar scremounts for the metering -- no problemo. The
only exception will be the Zenitar.

Thx. Marnie aka Doe   Still looking around, so if anyone on the list has a
Spottie F to sell, please contact me off list. Hehehehehe.