gregcooper wrote:

I've noticed this as well on several occasions. One in particular was an
F50mm auto focus that went for almost double the new price. I couldn't
believe it. I even emailed the seller after the auction saying if the buyer
turned out to be a fake  I would be interested in the lens for a reasonable
price, but I never heard back.

Did the lens go back on eBay? I've seen a LOT of sellers using "bandit" ID's drive the price up then, either offer it to the next highest bidder saying the winner never contacted them, or re-list the same item a week or two later....

-- Later, Gary