> P.S. Ironically, re bidding war, we had been bidding on a used lens
> (Zenitar). I found out later that got the same thing NEW about $10 cheaper
that what
> that auction finished at.
>
> That's how crazy ebay is.

>All it means is that you need to do your homework, and find out what the
market price on an item actually is, prior to bidding, then decide if you
are willing to pay higher than market or not.

>William Robb

Yup. BTW, I left an important I out of that sentence -- *I* got it cheaper
new.

Graywolf did raise a good point though, novices may not be aware that there
are Adorama and B&H (and others) online where they can check retail prices.
Actually, they may be more ebay or Internet novices than anything else.

Marnie :-)