From: Mark Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Is this a Vivitar?
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 14:22:22 -0500

Kostas Kavoussanakis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Just bought this off ebay: > >http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2962277257&category=29982&rd=1 > >It was a speculative buy, which could turn a dog. Is that the same as >a Vivitar? I know Kiron manufactured Series 1 lenses. Is that a >rebadged something-that-I-could-find-more-info-about?

Well it *looks* a lot like the Vivitar Series 1 that was built by Kiron.
But I thought the Series 1 lenses were designed by Vivitar and just
built by other companies, in which case Kiron wouldn't be licensed to
sell it under their own name. When you get it let us know if it's a
constant f/3.5 aperture and has 67mm filter threads - that's what the
Kiron/Vivitar was. See http://www.robertstech.com/vivitar.htm

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing