On 17 Nov 2003 at 12:34, graywolf wrote:

> Ann, you should check with them about how they define publication. It could
> differ a lot form generally held ideas about that.
>
> In my opinion both the PUG and your Website would be considered publication as
> they are widely available to the public, but the Smithsonian may not be so
> inclusive.

In the broadest definition to publish is to make (an item/article etc) known to
a third party there is absolutely no reference to print/payment of the validity
of any particular media. The Smithsonian might have their own definition (which
isn't defined it seems) and I guess I'd submit regardless however I wouldn't
cry if a prize was revoked after the issue of prior publication was raised.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998