> ......... I have a PC operating on
> > Windows ME. I'd like to ask members of the list who are more
> knowlegable if
> > there is any precaution I can undertake to prevent problems
> that may arise,
> > if and when power goes off. .........

Good advice from William here..........

> Turn your computer off when you are not using it. Nothing bad
> can happen when it is shut down. Windoze works best (I know,
> thats an oxymoron) with frequent reboots anyway. If you are not
> certain of the stability of the power, save files that are open
> and being modified frequently.
> If the power goes off during the day, go for a walk, if at
> night, make love to your wife.
> Always remember, the computer is the enemy. They are vampires of
> time.
> William Robb

It's happened to me a few times with Win98. If Bill Gate's boys have not
totally screwed up Windows ME, then generally the worst that will happen is
you lose the latest update of the current file you have open and are working
on. (Which is why it is wise to have frequent "saves" of these files as you
go along.) Then, when the PC comes back on, you get scolded by B. Gates and
Co. for not closing Windows properly, and then the blue screen ScanDisk
maintainence routine runs as the PC boots up. Almost always there is no
serious damage. (At least this is the way it is with Win98, anyway...)
Skip