Keith Whaley wrote:

John Francis wrote:

FYI, the TSA has made a change in the regs:

http://www.tsa.gov/public/interapp/editorial/editorial_1248.xml

Well, yes.  But the additional bag still has to comply with the
weight and size restrictions for carry-on baggage.  It's rather
hard for me to carry my 250-600 that way. So my choice is either
leave it at home or put it in checked baggage.

I'm thinking of getting another smaller case which will serve me
as a day-to-day carryaround for the *ist-D and some of my smaller
lenses, and to take that as carry-on when travelling, loading it
up with just the bodies, any film I plan to use, and suchlike.

P.S. Don't you just love the advice that film should be removed
from the canister and placed in a clear plastic bag?
And why just unexposed film, anyway? What about exposed
but undeveloped film?

You carry the unexposed film with a bit of the leader hanging out, and the exposed film with the leader wound up inside the cartridge. Relative to the wording of the regulations, I think they assume the exposed film is not subject to damage by xrays, so they don't mention it. Do you think it is?

keith whaley

Huh?????

Otis Wright