>Sheesh...

>Lasse

I have plenty of empathy, the mistake people are making is presuming to think
they know how she would feel about her photograph.

How can they know? I wasn't going to say anymore, I was trying to make a
point and I knew it would be taken wrong.

But by leaping to her defense that she would not want her photograph to be
shown, I feel people are saying IF IT WAS THEM, they wouldn't want it. Fine. But
it isn't them.

Maybe she's just fine with herself and likes herself, even if others have a
problem with her fat. (Note she saw Shel's camera and did not make an effort to
make sure he was not photographing her.) I really feel people are reacting to
their own ideas about fat, more than they are reacting to her. The photograph
is interesting, she is interesting.

You know what she would/wouldn't want is really besides the point. The street
photographer is just shooting what is there. She was there.

Asking Shel or others doing street photography to not shoot what is out
there, to shoot only what the viewer is comfortable with, would be censorship.

And on the matter of that particular photo, if you can't see that *assuming*
she'd want to hide her body, hide herself -- slink off in a corner -- is a lot
of condescension on people's part, then you can't. I was trying to avoid
saying that, but I am afraid you pissed me off.

Marnie aka Doe