At 05:29 PM 3/19/2001 -0800, SHELL WROTE:
.
>Here's the plan: I'll send the 43mm Ltd to you (I have your address)
>and you can send the 77mm to me.  We can start a Pentax Lens
>Exchange Program (PLEP).  You can use the 43mm for two weeks,
>likewise, I can use the 77mm for two weeks, at which point we'll
>return the lenses.  Chris - who is good at such things - can be the
>official administrator of the PLEP, and will be called the OAPLEP.
>
>Once the pilot program has proven itself, the OAPLEP will designate
>an AOAPLEP who will help implement the PLEP program amongst other
>list members.  In this way, PLEP members will be able to use a
>variety of Pentax lenses, which could be an important consideration
>for those who have not been Enabled, for whatever reason.

What a superb idea. I have been using both the 43mm and 77mm Limited
lenses for more than a year. I have been fully delighted with the performance
of both lenses, but have not done any formal testing with either lens. I regard
both lenses as "Swell" optics--to use an ancient word. Yet-- I have read many
favorable comments about the new SMC Pentax-FA 35mm f/2.0; and about the
SMC Pentax-FA 85mm f/1.4 lens. Because of the similar focal lengths to the
Limited lenses, I have been reluctant to buy them. But a temporary trading or
lending program seems like a splendid (another ancient word?) idea!  Count me
In!

                                                --George Stanley, Studio
City, Ca., USA