From: "Larry Hodgson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: where are you ? and digital vs film
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 11:22:27 -0700

Hi all:

One of the neat things that we did on another unrelated discussion group was
give a little bio on who we are,
what we do, and where we live. I would like to know something about this
group so I will start it:

I live in Prescott Arziona USA. This is beautiful desert and canyon country.
I'm 63 years old and have been
doing landscape photography for 40 years. I started out with a Spotmatic. I
recently got an *ist D and I love it.
In between I went the 4x5 route and still have that equipment, but most
likely I will never go back. I am a
Land Surveyor by trade.

On the subject of film resolution vs digital resolution I can get whatever
digital resolution I need simply by using a longer lens, taking
overlapping images of my landscapes and stitching them together using
stitching software to make whatever size image I need. Their is also
Genuine Fractals software that will enlarge this even more. I have a 24"x36"
image hanging in my office that almost looks like it's from 4x5.
It was actually taken with a Nikon Coolpix 5700. Should be even
better with my "*ist D".

Now I know that some landscapes are the perfect subject for this technique
and
that action shots etc. would not work.
But it works well for me.

Your bio and thoughts on this?