After considering various options, I have decided to dump Paypal. I
haven't closed my account, but have changed my address and removed my
credit card info, even though I am led to believe that info will still be
available to Paypal employees. At least the card will expire in due
course, not that far off.

I haven't used it when selling very much, mainly because I only [had] a
credit card lodged, and with that option, the account balance could only
be used by ploughing back into purchases, and not removed and turned into
cold cash. I never considered lodging my bank account with Paypal.

As a buyer, I used it frequently when buying from abroad - an extremely
useful and quick method of paying for purchases, and I will miss that
aspect. What I am not prepared to risk is fraudulent use of my credit
card by either crooked employees passing on info to third parties, or
having my account frozen by unwitting affiliation to other fraudulent
users. Both these possibilities are highlighted in actual case histories.

I was never entirely happy with the whole thing, and am relieved for the
time being that I have ditched it.

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__