When I am bidding I look for a fixed SSH charge, then subtract that from my max bid. I do that because I have a very limited income and an open SSH charge forces me to make a low-ball bid. From a sellers viewpoint you are leveling the playing field, so the person next door and the person at the other side of the country pay the same; if the guy next door wins you make a couple of extra bucks. Of course that will not work for foreign sales but then they usually expect to have to pay extra anyway.

What always amazes me about Ebay is how those sellers who say out right in their ads that they think buyers are jerks, and they don't want their business anyway, seem to get high bids.

--

Ann Sanfedele wrote:

Dr E D F Williams wrote:

Good! What about this then?

"Buyer pays Packing, Postage and Transaction charges including Insurance if
required."

Don

Don, just hide it under handling for shipping :)

ann

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com

"You might as well accept people as they are,
you are not going to be able to change them anyway."