[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

[snip]

>  Bob, would I be correct to deduce that your 24/2.8 was
> designed with close-to-no "shelf" between the focusing ring and the filter?

The lens (A 28mm f2.8) has enough barrel protruding to mount the hood without a
filter, but the circular clamp on the Hama M52 hood is not deep enough  to
slide beyond a mounted B&W filter,  That is, the circular clamp is pretty
shallow before being attached to the long sides of the rectangle, which cut off
top and bottom parts of the circle. I am not using a slim filter, so maybe that
would change it, but it would have to be extremely thin to work, I think.

Bob