Mark wrote:

I once saw Jaco Pastorius, sadly towards the end of his life when mental
illness was overcoming him completely. He was so incoherent that the
club ended up refunding everyone who came to both his shows that night.
:(

Same here. He knew my old bass teacher up in Boston and showed up at one of
his gigs at a local club and I got to shake his hand. He got up and sat in
for 1 song (blues band), played way too loud with no cohesion to what was
being played. I don't think I've had a musical idol since. His early work
was great with Weather Report and I think that his work with Pat Metheny,
Lyle Mays, and Randy Brecker on Joni Mitchell's Shadow and Light was
brilliant, especially on the few up tempo songs on the album. I especially
liked Coyote and the interplay between Jaco's bass and Pat's guitar.
Memories.......

Butch

Each man had only one genuine vocation - to find the way to himself.

Hermann Hesse (Demian)