HI!

Collin,

I think, as usually humbly, that you are rushing things a little.
Until not recently, DSLR was a privilege of rather few (perhaps
professional) photogs. Now, with introduction of $1000 or below units
it is becoming more affordable and way more people would buy those.

After that, I think what would happen is some kind of feedback phase.
Common gotchas, common routes for improvement, common software issues
would be found, some of them fixed. In other words, new generation of
affordable DSLRs would come out of current one.

Then we could talk about your question. I think.

Just MHO...

Boris