Hi,

Tanya Mayer Photography wrote:
> Mainly because to date, most of my work is locally, and as I explained
> yesterday, we are in drought and there is very little disposable income in
> these parts.  This will change in the coming months when I really begin to
> travel on a regular basis as I can charge alot more "down south" than I can
> here.  Also, I have been currently charging "per roll", rather than a
> sitting fee and then selling prints.  All of this will change very soon, and
> especially so when I get the *istD (or another Pentax DSLR if one is brought
> out that supersedes it on all levels).

Makes sense, especially in light of....

> Up until probably 2-3 months ago (a period of around 2 and a half years), I
> have been doing photography for people just as a "cash job" or "hobby"
> basis, it was only recently that I have set up as a legitimate business.

Although....

> NO WAY would I say that I am "successful"! (although I know that you did say
> it tongue-in-cheek).

I'm afraid I have to categorically disagree with you.  If you can afford
to buy a £1000+ piece of kit after 6 months as a legitimate
business,doing something you enjoy, in a way that does not impinge
drastically on your family life and you are still part-time, then you
are successful by any measure I can think of.  I was only being tongue
in cheek about my presentation of the statement about success.

mike