"frank theriault" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>You should move to Canada for a couple of years, just to experience some
>~real~ cold.
>
>Last winter (a cold one by Toronto standards) we had several weeks where the
>morning temp was around -25, with a wind chill of around -40C.  The daily
>highs were around -15C.
>
>One winter in Montreal (the winter of 1981-82, to be exact, because my ex
>was preggers with our oldest) the temp didn't go ~above~ 0 F (what's that,
>around -20C?) for the entire month of January.  Average night time low was
>about -40, plus wind chill.
>
>Now ~that's~ cold...

A few years ago there was a discussion in the rec.running newsgroup
about "the coldest weather you've ever run in". I was going to boast
about the -15F run I'd done that winter until I read the posts from
runners in Alaska and northern Canada. -30, -40, etc.

In Rochester, NY we imported our cold from Canada. And Canada sent us
only the watered-down version of their "cold". ;-)

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing