From: "Tom Reese" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: interesting camera club debate
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 14:42:19 -0500

We had a debate at our photography club the other night about digital vs.
film photography and whether they should be judged separately. One member
was adamant that digital prints should be separated from film prints because
digital shooters have an unfair advantage. It didn't take long to realize
that this could turn into a huge can of worms: what about slides that are
scanned then printed? what about negatives that are scanned then printed?
The issue was tabled and the current rules will be used for the next six
months then we may revisit the issue.

The current rules are: severely manipulated digital images must be entered
in the digital category (cloning, cut and pasting etc). Any digital image
that was only cropped and color corrected can go head to head with the film
prints.

I'd be interested in hearing what other clubs are doing.

Tom Reese

MSN 8 helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca