> While we're at it, how about some circuitry to convert
> the manual aperture position to an electronic signal,
> and all M and K lenses can be made fully compatible!

You'd need more than that - you'd also need something to
stop a K/M lens down to the right aperture; the actuating
lever on the body only moves to the 'A' lens position,
which isn't far enough to fully stop down a K/M lens.
And, of course, you would only want to increase the
travel for a K or M lens; for an A or later lens you'd
want to use exactly the travel that the body supplies.

(In other words:  it isn't going to happen)

Good news on the optical front, though; I'm fairly sure
the earlier poster who caclulated image distances, etc.,
got it wrong.  A simple concave lens acts as a reverse
teleconverter (image magnification factor less than one),
but increases the primary-lens-to-image distance.

Theres no image inversion, and there's room for the
converter.  So the optical side, at least, is possible.