Hello arnie,

Looks very much like dust on the sensor.  I had one dust spot on mine.
It could easily be seen by setting on B and holding the shutter open.
A small puff of air took care of it for me.

My friend's Nikon D100 had the exact same issue.  2 or 3 spots on his.
Since I had just cleared mine, he showed me a couple of shots and I
spotted it right away.  He checked and sure enough - dust.  Again, for
him just a puff or two of air cleaned it.

Bruce

a> i got this problem on my istD that happens with all my lenses. there are
a> about 5-14 (depends on type of picture) dark spots appear. its not the lens
a> because they appear in the exact same position every time. it also seems to
a> show up worse on blue sky than anything else.

a> i put the worst one as a full size jpg exactly as it came off the card
a> online http://www.xdstech.com/istd/IMGP0522.JPG

a> the shot was taken with the fa 135mm 2.8
a> 1/3000
a> f13

a> it was shot with the sun just at the edge of the roof. i count 13 spots
a> (some quite faint and some glaring)

a> any idea what it might be? dirt on the sensor?

a> arnie