Almost all tripod use either a 1/4" or a 3/8" threaded mounting stud. As far as I know all Manfrotto heads will work with either. That said some of the larger heads will look very strange on a smaller tripod and not work very well with a smaller camera.

--

Tanya Mayer Photography wrote:
Quick question - are you able to use ANY manfrotto head on ANY manfrotto
tripod?  Or are only certain heads suited to certain tripods?

I have looked on a number of websites, but nothing seems to mention
compatibility, so I am guessing that I can pretty much order whichever head
I like and guarantee that it will suit whichever tripod that i want?

tan.

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com

"You might as well accept people as they are,
you are not going to be able to change them anyway."