Dave, I distinctly remember seeing new Sunpak tripods that
are the spitting image of new Slik tripods, with the same
specs, so I think Slik is OEM'ing the new lightweight stuff.
Exact models I'm not so sure of.

-Lon

David Zaninovic wrote:
Maybe you think about Slik 330 ?  Are you sure that was Sunpak ?
This one can be found for $50.

If that's the tripod I _think_ it is (two part extension, grooved legs,
3-section legs), it's made by Slik and is a cheaper, less sturdy version
of the DX-300.  I've seen it in the Slik label, and the 300 is a sturdier
tripod for about $10 more.

-Lon

David Zaninovic wrote:

While we are off topic with tripods...
I am shopping for tripods.  Did anybody try Sunpak 3300 Pro with ball head ?