On a wedding I do charge extra to deal with the order processing.

In general I have found little to no resistance to clients
understanding that they should be paying for a service.  The service
is to take the wedding photos or family portraits.  Most of them are
quite happy to see the breakout of my time/service vs prints/lab
charges.

Perhaps if I was doing this full time as a profession, I might have
different feelings.  Hard to say.  So far it is working.  I get my
money up front, I don't really care or worry about how much they order
and the couple seem to order more (maybe cause they don't feel like I
am gouging them for the prints).  They seem very good about separating
my fee from the prints.

--
Best regards,
Bruce

t> The only quibble I have with this is that order processing is so time
t> consuming and annoying. If you really want to go this route, make
t> *all* your money up front and *give* them the negs or high res files.

t> tv