I feel your pain.

I used to think b+g's were just cheap, but I think in general they
just don't know any better. I have found that if you explain to people
that a) this sort of thing results in crappy prints, b) it's a federal
offense, and c) this is how you make a living, and you make sure they
sign a contract that states the above, then you'll have fewer
problems.

Now, how did you find out she made copy prints? You can still read her
the riot act.

The last issue is that it sounds like this was done for free, more or
less. This may or may not say something about how she values
photography. Some people don't...it sounds like you value your work
and effort more than she does. The way to avoid this sort of client is
higher prices, or at least an *explicit* understanding of what your
value is. I still do the occasional cheap gig for friends, but these
days I make sure they understand what they're getting, what sort of
work is involved on my end, what's expected of them, etc.

tv