Since I often take available light shots I do change the white balance
often.  Since I am pushing towards shooting more RAW images it will not be
as important as with jpegs.

I tend to use manual quite often with mised lighting.

I have not really tried it out in different lighting conditions in
automatic.  Not that I do not trust it, just the type of photographer I am.
I try to minimize any post processing if I am shooting jpegs.  I still have
not gotten a workflow with RAW yet.

César
Panama City, Florida