Jon Hope writes:

> There is a K2 DMD for sale here in Perth, Western Australia. The cost is
> AUD 300 ono (Or near offer). This equates to about $150 USD, convert to
> your local currency at will.

 Damn, I'd be interested if I could afford to spend the money right now :)

> I have talked to the seller, it is working on manual, but on automatic it
> doesn't show (use) the correct shutter speed. I have no idea if it can be
> fixed, the seller hd it in to a repairer that didn't want to look at it as
> he didn't have any spare parts.

 My most recently acquired K2 has the exact same problem.  I compared its
meter with my Sekonic spot meter and found the reading was under by two
stops, but the "automatic" mode overexposed by two stops relative to the
meter reading.  So that pointed the finger at the meter _reading_ itself (ie the
needle) as the net effect of the automatic mode resulted in a correct
exposure.

 It's gone back to the local Pentax repair agent (yes, I've found out that they
are the Pentax people) for the _third_ time, this time with a detailed note
explaining what I just wrote above.  I'm hoping they'll actually fix the thing
this time.

Cheers,

- Dave

David A. Mann, B.E.
email [EMAIL PROTECTED] * http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/

"Why is it that if an adult behaves like a child they lock him up,
 while children are allowed to run free on the streets?" -- Garfield