This has nothing to do with Pentax, but I reckon there are some experts here might be able to tell the differences. I did 2 shots this afternoon with identical setting just to see if there was any colour difference between HOYA & B+W CPL. I turned the filters until they gave the deepest blue colour possible. These shots were done with the Canon A80 because I do not have the *ist D. Now called me naive, but I compared these 2 shots side by side at 100% in Photoshop, and while there is some very slight colour difference (could be due to the lack of precise angle of the CPLs), I would not be able to determine which is better and found them equally good on my monitors. Some comments I received from other forum suggested the HOYA one was slightly "fogged", while another said he would buy B+W. What am I missing? Why cannot I see the difference? I could "faked" their titles and tricked people to believe the HOYA was B+W, and like vise, but I did not. I want some honest opinion here. Anyone?

HOYA Ultra CPL:
http://www.pbase.com/image/24771315

B+W CPL:
http://www.pbase.com/image/24771314

Regards,
Alan Chan
http://www.pbase.com/wlachan

The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/bcomm&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca