> Hmm Ern, isn't an eider a type of duck? I just went to check and the one I
> was looking for was 'a flush of ducks'. It's more fascinating then I thought
> it'd be- I did a Yahoo search on "collective noun" and ducks
> and got
> http://www.nzbirds.com/Collective.html
> &
> http://www.sentex.net/~tntcomm/kwfn/numbers.htm
> and I must say it's a bountiful poet's resource! One for ducks was "a
> badelynge of ducks" and I have no clue what a badelynge or a badling is, but
> ooh.. :) And one I thought was fascinating, "an RSVP of egrets". Wouldn't
> have thought of it in a million years! 2 more entries in my bookmarks.. Btw,
> Tom- "a plague of photographers" alliterative and apt!
>
> Cheers,
> Ryan

I remember "eider" as a collective from years ago; I recall noticing that it
was the same as a variety of duck. But -- the site I found with some of these
interesting terms
http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/help/faq/animals/names.htm
didn't have "eider".
The Concise Oxford didn't back me up, "eider"; so I can only assume
that "eider" I remember it wrong, or was given wrong information Way Back When
by some source. Probably a substandard textbook.
:-)