Do they want to learn photography, or just take better pictures.
I don't know that I would recommend and older setup.
The ZX-7 or ZX-30 Kits seems like wonderful starters.

If they are new to photography, zoom lens should be acceptable,
tell them to shoot 400 speed most fo the time and they'll probably be happy
for a while!

At 02:13 AM 3/25/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>A friend of mine wants to buy a camera. Now, in my mind, I figured she
>wouldn't want to spend too much money, so, a Super Program, 135, 50, and
>28 seems a really good way to go.
>
>But she surprised me and said she's willing to spend a little more
>money, and wants something new.
>
>It isn't immediately obvious to me that I should recommend Pentax.
>
>Would you?
>
>tv
>-
>This message is from the Pentax-Discuss Mail List.  To unsubscribe,
>go to http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions. Don't forget to
>visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org .

Tiger Moses