Alin Flaider wrote:

> Nice overall analysis if you only read the Pentax or Nikon
> parts. Otherwise MZ-5N and N65 are only comparable in weight and the
> fact they're both SLRs! N65 is truly the logical entry camera
> but not intended and certainly not being a match for MZ-5N.

I never said it is. It is a competitor to the MZ-7. Anyway, all I
wanted to suggest was the two lowest cost bodies that offer the
minimum features of a mid class camera, being DOF preview, an
alternative metering mode, a metal lens mount and a modern AF
with a spot selection.

Of course, some people live well without DOF preview, and then the
Minolta 505si/XTsi is a great camera. Others only change lenses 1x
per year, and live well with the plastic mount of the Canon rebels
while enjoying the latest 7-point AF. Others don't need AF at all and
go for a MZ/ZX-M and second hand market lenses. But since I don't
know this girl and her preferences, I simply suggested two affordable
and versatile cameras that would fit 95% of the beginners with
ambitions.

Ralf