John Mustarde wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Mar 2001 03:07:45 -0600 (CST), you wrote:
>
> >Well, there's no easy answer.  Any of the big 4 companies have perfectly
> >fine "serious" cameras and it really comes down to personal preference
> >which system to get.
>
> The trick is to avoid paying top dollar for a new camera, only to
> learn later that it is crippleware. Crippled camera are everywhere.
> Some that come to mind are the F65, F80, F100, N90s, most any Canon
> model except the top one or two, and forget Minolta's low-end cameras.

Could you elaborate on why the N80 and Canons are crippled? The Elan 7
kind of looks nice, spec-wise. I like the quiet mode option.

Thanks to everyone who has chimed in on this, it's much appreciated.
I'll let you know how she chooses...

One point I *may* make to her...if she goes Pentax she can use my
lenses.

tv