On Mon, 26 Mar 2001 09:04:50 -0500, Delano Mireles wrote:

>Are all enlarger lens mounts the same regarding size?  Can one purchase any
>lens and have it work on their enlarger without having to worry about
>adapters? Or, for example, will a vivitar lens only work on a vivitar
>enlarger?

Well, Yes and No :-)

I don't do my own printing anymore, but used to ...

AFAIK almost any modern enlarger lens uses the same mount, this is a 39mm thread
also known as the (old) Leica mount. (they use a bayonet on modern Leica cameras)

There are probably others, but this is the most common one.

Regards, JvW