Bob W pointed out:
> > I'd be
> > surprised if there are _any_ buildings in North America as old as 560 years
> > that were built by the Europeans and their descendants.
>
> 2004 - 560 = 1444, so it would certainly upset a few ideas.

Bah.  Not awake enough to do math properly.  When I wrote my own
reply, I somehow used 460 instead of 460, and remembered that
St. Mary's was settled in the 1500s but couldn't remember how
late in the 1500s.  Yeah, 1400s just doesn't happen, unless
there's an intact Viking structure at L'Anse aux Meadows, but
I'm pretty sure what folks found there was evidence much smaller
than a building.

                                        -- Glenn