[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I started about 3 years ago in my area.I'm mostly rural with
> the ever present urban sprawl only a few concessions away to
> my rear(south<g>) I started taking pictures,mostly winter B&W
> of farm properties,old houses and barns,old farm impliments etc.
> Now that i have the 6x7 i have started to use it more for
> this project,than the 35mm, and also have some neat IR farm
> images too.
> I'm not one who takes/accepts change well and will truly miss
> farms whan thay are all gone.

I'm really pleased to hear that you're doing that, even in rural areas
change has a habit of creeping up on you. I haven't used my 6x7 at all for
any of my photos of the local area, but I am considering using it for my
2004 project, which I will go into in a moment.

> However, if my daughter still wants to have a horse farm in
> the near future i might save one instead of paving one.

My family would love a smallholding of a few acres. I understand the
attraction.

Every year I try to do a small project and didn't know what to do for 2004,
until the government chose it for me. They have agreed to an extension of
Stanstead Airport in Essex with an additional runway. This will result in
the loss of 100 homes, 29 Grade 2 listed buildings, 2 ancient monuments and
5000 acres (7.5 square kilometres) of mostly farm and woodland. Included in
the above is a lovely Essex pub 'Three Horseshoes', which is 560 years old.
18 months ago, I was looking at property for sale in this area. Now I have
to record as much as I can to film, before it becomes a concrete slab.

Malcolm