----- Original Message -----
From: John Francis replying to Jens Bladt

> > Simple math tels me that 3000 pixel covering 24mm gives 125 pixel/mm.
But
> > you need three to make a PAIR of lines.
>
> Sigh.  Here we go again.
>
> You need two pixels (one black, one white) to make a pair of lines
> (also one black, one white). So 3000 pixels in 24mm is 62.5 lp/mm.

Jens, I take it you think of three adjacent sensors in RGB.

Before you measure lp/mm, you have to interpolate (Bayer) the data for each
pixel with data from the adjacent sensors.

John, (or Rob or anyone...)
This may be a stupid question, but is the relationship between lp/mm and
sensors as straightforward as "two adjacent sensors equal to one line pair,
irrespective of sensor colour"?

cheers,
Jostein