My situation may be slightly diiferent,as i'm planning on getting a 6mp body as well as
keeping a
2.74mp body, not backing up with same size.
Pretty much for what Tom has said.I would like to put the longer zoom on a 6mp body and
put the short
zoom on the 2.74mp body for those quick portrait shots which are herd to do at some
horse
show
facilities with a long zoom,plus the scale factor.
Wither i purchase a *kist and utilize 10-14 K,M42 and Kaf lenses or stick with Nikon
were
i have faster
glass,and more money put into,remains a huge hummm for me still.  :-)
The D2h is still a mistery,as i keep hearing to many different reports on it,but still
sounds good for my
work,or the *kist which mande me think about with new firmware already.
Prices on D1H's and D1X's are falling and may fall far enough that i purchase one of
those
for the main
camera and use the D1 as the "spare"

Dave

                                        > This one would take a dissertation to answer
fully. The
short version: