> On 14/1/04, [EMAIL PROTECTED] disgorged:
>
> John, I use an angle finder extensively. Always when on the tripod (as
> I'm taller than it) so viewing is a breeze. Low angle shots no problem.
> Is one available to fit the *ist D?

I've seen posts here that suggest the refconverter A or M would work.

Neither would really help me, though;  In many of the cases where I'm
trying to get an ankle-height viewpoint I wouldn't be able to kneel
down to look through a refconverter.  (Kneeling down in front of a
race car making a pitstop is frowned upon by race officials :-)

The nice thing about the LCD viewfinder is that you can see it from
several feet away, at least well enough to check overall framing.
An LX with a waist-level finder would work there, but not when I'm
holding the camera at arm's length and poking it round the edge of
the Jersey barrier or catch fencing.

On a totally unrelated note:  I happened to be watching a 30-year-old
TV show the other day (Lord Peter Wimsey: Murder Must Advertise), and
couldn't help noticing just how bad the distortion was on the cameras
of the day!  Barrel distortion on the wide-angle shots, and pincushion
on the others.  Zoom lens technology has since made amazing strides.
(100x or better zoom ratios, anyone?)