They use TIG welding to make bike frames out of thin-walled aluminium tubes. FWIW...

cheers,
frank

From: "Rebekah" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: cheap macro
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 21:38:21 -0600

Well, I'm pretty sure that gas is available to me, as well as arc, however, for something as thin as the screw ring, it would probably be better to tig weld it, which is what they use to weld airplanes together since tig is best for thin type metals as it causes a minimum distortion. I really wouldn't want to mess up a screw ring trying to smash it in because I melted the mount, ya know?

Rebekah

Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/photos&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca